Thursday, October 25, 2007

Well Well Well...

After a long (although not very difficult) day, I came home to find a wonderful new Etsy purchase waiting for me, this time from Stick Chick Designs. Of course, knitting and spinning isn't enough... now I need to learn to DYE!
So, first some gorgeous laceweight Tussah silk. This is way more gorgeous in real life than I was expecting. I don't know why... I should have known that laceweight silk would be wonderfully wonderful. But anyway, my conclusion with this beautiful stuff is that I better not ruin it with dye. I think that I will make a version of the Luna Moth Shawl from Elann with it.
My second purchase is sock yarn, and lots of it! This merino wool will definately be dyed by me. Some of it with natural dyes (socks for my mom, she likes more muted colours). Others with maybe some koolaid dye, for some bright colours. Also maybe some real fabric dyes... we'll see! Oh the possibilities.

In other news, here is how spinning down my huge pile of buffalo wool is going. I am starting to think that this may not have been the most economical thing to do with this stuff. But I am having fun spinning, and am learning how to spin better. Which is great because I just went and bought a whole bunch more fleece :).

No comments: