Wednesday, October 17, 2007

From This...


Well, now that I am a spin-lover, and have no fiber to spin, I am looking around for anything that I can practice with. So, without any ado, I am turning This:










Into This!






I found quite a bit of buffalo wool at the thrift store a few years ago, and haven't had the inspiration to make anything out of it. My husband really wants a sweater from it, but wasn't totally in love with the way the colours looked together. And so, here is my plan... I will spin all these various colours together to make a more even tone and a somewhat thinner yarn. I think that it will look better, and the yarn will go farther (I think... thats my plan anyway.... maybe I just want to spin :) ).

I also had a bunch of light grey and white stuff like this, which I am spinning into thin little yarns. It will go so much further, and still look really cool.


No comments: