Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cold and crisp

Perfect weather for acknowledging some active WIPs.

In exciting news, I cast on for the second Mad Colour Weave sock yesterday. I think that is a good sign. I really really love this yarn, and when I started playing with it again yesterday I believed for a moment that I could finish this second sock.

Second project is a Christmas scarf for dad, made out of Briggs Little Heritage wool. The varigation does nothing for the pretty cool pattern "Pythagor" by S.M.Kahn. But it was the wool that I had on hand, and I needed a project for it, so this is what it became.





Next project is a crocheted toddler blanket out of some super tactile yarn. I have no idea what kind of yarn it is, but it sure is soft and will make a great warm cover.






Ok, my legwarmers from last post have remained stunted. It must be because they have camoflaged themselves in my 70s style velour thrift store chair.


Finally, I koolaid dyed some of my new sock yarn! It was really fun and turned out well, I think. I told myself that I could only look at it: sitting prettily on my desk, but could not play with it until I was done with at least one of the other socks I have on the go.


Then, oops, today I accidentally cast on for some Jaywalkers.
It happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure are an amazing knitter. I love the scarf for your Dad and the leg warmers, actually I love everything that you've made! I can't wait to see the completed projects.