Monday, January 21, 2008

Fiberlicious

Last week I received a whole bunch of new fiber from my favourite Etsy store: the Arts at Eagles Find. Here is 16 oz - Yes 16oz! - of blended wool roving called Rock Springs Run. I have spun up this stuff of hers before and really like the way it behaves. Don't ask what I was doing with the roving... just chalk it up to artsy photo op. :)


I also got 8 oz of merino wool in the Campfire colourway, which I love (but don't have a photo of), and 12 oz of undyed mohair. I haven't tried spinning mohair yet, so I am curious to see how that works out.


I have been spinning up some of the fiber I got in my last shipment. Here is some of the Caribbean blues wool that I am doing up into a chunkyish 2 ply. I still don't have a whole lot of control, but it is definately getting better everytime I sit down at the wheel.

I have decided that I need a niddynoddy, so that is my next project!

No comments: